Modern smart security options are getting more capable every year. With that being said, it’s still easy to fail to perform basic security chores like turning on your home security, closing the garage, or locking all your doors.
What if you no longer needed to worry about these things again? With geofencing in Springfield, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Springfield For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual perimeter around your house, which you can set up in your smart security app. This convenient tool then tracks your phone to deduce when you go beyond the border and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components take advantage of to communicate with each other. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by putting all components onto a single network. You can draw specific boundaries on all sides of your home and program particular actions if you move beyond the specified border.
For instance, when you exit your premises, you may set your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can alert your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
Here are several of the components you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are Available In Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is just one way to use your home security system in Springfield. When you download the ADT Control app, you can make the most of smart home automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to operate at the times of your choice. Have your lights start to lower to indicate that it's time for bed, or disengage your alarms when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make specific equipment engage when another element is triggered. Direct your thermostat to switch on the connected fan if the fire alarm goes off. Or turn on your smart bulb in the hallway if your doorbell camera senses abnormal activity in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Design custom room scenes with components that operate in concert with each other. Have your smart bulbs lower, the temperature go down, and the locks engage at the end of the day. Or set the mood for a movie marathon with preset light and HVAC settings.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to enable your alarm system as you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Springfield
Whether you’re looking for extra reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you leave or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to one of our representatives today at (413) 213-4274 or send in the form on this page to start designing your perfect security system.